Carrot Cake Weet-Bix Slice
A wholesome Easter carrot cake twist on our favourite Weet-Bix slice!
5 Weet-Bix, crushed
1 1/2 cups white self-raising flour (195g)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup grated carrot (100 g)
1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (50 g)
180 g margarine
1 cup granulated sugar (200 g)
1/4 cup orange juice, no added sugar
125 g light cream cheese, room temp
1 tbs margarine, room temp (20 g)
1/4 cup icing sugar (30 g)
Zest of 1 orange
1 – 3 tsp milk of choice, if needed
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F). Line base and two sides of a 20cm x 30cm slice tin witha strip of baking paper.
- Melt margarine in a small saucepan or heat-proof bowl. Whisk in sugar and orange juice.
- In a large bowl, stir together Weet-Bix, flour, cinnamon, salt, carrot, and walnuts. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until no streaks of flour remain.
- Transfer mixture to prepared tin, and smooth surface.
- Bake 20 - 25 mins,until puffed in the centre and golden on the edges. Cool in tin 20 mins, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- To make icing:in a small bowl, stircream cheese and margarine until very smooth. Add icing sugar and zest. If needed, add milk 1 tsp at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Spread icing over cooled slice. Sprinkle with extra walnuts and orange zest.
Store extra slice in a sealed container in the fridge.
Swap out white self-raising flour for wholemeal self-raising flour for some extra fibre
Saturated Fat (g)3
Dietary Fibre (g)1.2