Gluten free chocolate muffins
A batch of these quick, easy and delicious muffins takes no time at all to whip up. Perfect for the lunch box or an after school snack - or even surprise guests.
- 4 Gluten Free Weet-Bix™, finely crushed
- 1 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2 Tbs chia seeds
- 1 cup So Good™ Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly coat a non-stick 12-hole muffin tin with cooking oil spray, or line with paper liners.
- Combine Weet-Bix, flour, baking powder, salt and chopped chocolate in a large bowl. Stir well.
- In a jug, stir together cocoa powder and boiling water until smooth. Add chia seeds, So Good almondmilk, eggs, sugar, and oil and whisk again.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and stir until flour is no longer visible.
- Divide batter into prepared tin. Bake 20 - 22 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out with only a few crumbs clinging to it.
- Cool muffins in tin for 2 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Chopped chocolate can be swapped with an equal quantity of chocolate chips, or chopped nuts.
- We recommend using a gluten free flour blend that contains Xanthan Gum (sometimes listed in the ingredients as 415). If your blend does not contain Xanthan, we suggest adding 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum in step 2.
Saturated Fat (g)3
Dietary Fibre (g)1.8