No-bake oat bites
Make a batch of these loaded energy-bites and keep them in the fridge or freezer for a quick treat!
- 2 Weet-Bix™, crushed
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup Sanitarium™ Natural Peanut Butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1 cup dried pitted dates, diced (150g)
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- pinch salt
- In a large bowl, pour boiling water over dates and set aside for 5 minutes until cool. Use a fork to roughly mash dates and liquid to a paste.
- Add peanut butter to dates and stir well. Add Weet-Bix and oats, stir again until mixture comes together into a dough.
- Line base and two sides of a 20cm tin with a strip of baking paper. Press mixture into pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from pan and cut into 36 squares (6 x 6). Store in fridge or freezer.
- Dough can also be rolled into balls, rather than cut into bites, if preferred.
- Fresh medjool dates can be used in place of dried dates, remember to remove pits.
Saturated Fat (g)3
Dietary Fibre (g)3.3