Ready in no time at all, and with only six ingredients, these flatbreads will be a regular addition to the whole family’s lunch boxes .
- 3 Weet-Bix™, very finely crushed
- 1 1/4 cups wholemeal flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup unsweetened low-fat Greek yoghurt, or plain non-dairy yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Combine Weet-Bix, flour, and salt in a large bowl. Add yoghurt and olive oil, and mix until no flour remains. Cover and rest 5 mins, so the dry ingredients can hydrate.
- Lightly dust bench with flour, turn dough out, and knead for 30 seconds until smooth. Divide into 6 balls.
- Roll each dough portion into a 15 cm circle, dusting bench with flour as necessary.
- Heat a heavy-based skillet to medium. Place a round of dough into the hot, dry, pan and cook 1 - 1.5 minutes, until bubbles start to show on the top and brown spots form on the bottom. Flip and cook a further minute, until golden and puffed. Transfer to a rack lined with a tea towel, and repeat with remaining dough rounds.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, with your favourite dips or fillings.
- Dairy-free unsweetened yoghurt can be substituted for the Greek yoghurt. If using an unstrained (natural or dairy-free) yoghurt, the dough may be a bit wetter when initially mixed. If necessary, add a bit of extra flour as you knead and roll.
- Flatbreads can be briefly reheated on a hot pan, or in the toaster.
- The finer the Weet-Bix are crushed, the smoother the dough will be.
Saturated Fat (g)1.5
Dietary Fibre (g)4