Weet-Bixâ„¢ with poached nectarines and toasted brazil nuts
Weet-Bix™ with poached nectarines and toasted brazil nuts
Ingredients:3 nectarines, stones removed
1 lemon, juiced
2 tbs manuka honey
70g brazil nuts
8 Weet-Bix™ wheat biscuits or Gluten Free Weet-Bix™
- Peel and cut the apricots and nectarines in half. Remove the stones.
- Place in a flat saute pan or saucepan with 1 cup water, lemon juice and honey. Bring to the boil. Place the apricot halves and nectarines in the liquid and cook for 8 mins, until tender but not falling apart.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lay the brazil nuts on a baking tray and place in oven. Roast for 8-10 mins until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly then roughly chop.
- Arrange the Weet-Bix™ on serving bowls or platters. Top each one with 1-2 apricot halves, nectarine pieces and spoon over a little of the syrup and then sprinkle with toasted brazil nuts.
- Use cherries, peaches or any stone fruit as a substitute.
- Can easily be made ahead of time – store the poached fruits covered in the syrup in a container with a lid in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Saturated Fat (g)3
Dietary Fibre (g)5.5