Weet-Bix winter warm up
On cold winter mornings try adding Weet-Bix to your oats for a warm and nutritious brekkie.
- 2 Weet-Bix
- ¼ cup oats
- ½ cup water (100ml)
- 1 cup reduced fat milk (200ml)
- ½ banana crushed (120gm)
- 30 mls reduced fat milk extra (to serve on the porridge)
- 2 tbs fruit & nut mix
- ¼ tsp maple syrup (3gm)
Fruit and nut breakdown (per serving)
- 4 gm dried cranberries
- 6 gm roasted cashews
- 6 gm roasted almonds
- Place the milk, water, oats and crushed banana into a medium sized pot and bring to a gentle boil.
- Turn down and cook for 2 minutes, crumble the weet-bix into the mix and stir.
- Spoon the mixture into a breakfast bowl and serve hot with a splash of warmed milk, fruit & nut mix and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Saturated Fat (g)1.0
Dietary Fibre (g)8.0