Weet-Bix Birthday Slice
This fun Weet-Bix slice is the perfect choice for any festive celebration!
- 5 Weet-Bix, finely crushed
- 1 cup self-raising flour (130g)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut (50g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles (50g)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup caster sugar (73g)
- 1 cup So Good Unsweetened Almond Milk (250ml)
- 1/2 cup melted margarine, cooled (125g)
- 125g light cream cheese, room temp
- 1 Tbsp margarine, room temp (20g)
- 1/4 cup icing sugar (30g)
- 1 - 2 Tbsp rainbow sprinkles, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F). Line base and two sides of a 20cm x 30cm slice tin with a strip of baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine Weet-Bix, flour, coconut, salt, and sprinkles. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl or jug, whisk together eggs and sugar until frothy. Whisk in So Good milk and margarine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring only until no streaks of flour remain.
- Pour batter into prepared tin and smooth surface. Bake 20 - 25 minutes, until top of cake is just golden and springs back when pressed, or when a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- For the icing, beat cream cheese and margarine until smooth. Beat in icing sugar. Spread icing over cooled cake and decorate with remaining sprinkles. Cut into 15 pieces to serve.
- Half of the white self-raising flour can be substituted with wholemeal self-raising flour, if preferred.
Saturated Fat (g)5
Dietary Fibre (g)1.5