Stuffed capsicum cups
Roast capsicum cups with lentil risotto can be served either as a side dish or as main accompanied with a green salad.
- 4 small round red capsicums
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ cup dried brown lentils
- 10g vegetable flavoured stock cube
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup arborio rice
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tbs parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Weet-Bix, crushed
- 1 tbs parmesan cheese, grated, extra
- 2 tbs olive oil, extra
- Cut tops off capsicums and reserve as lids. Discard core and seeds. Place capsicums on baking tray (place lids on tray beside capsicum, stalk side up).
- Heat oil in a large heavy based saucepan. Saute onion until soft. Add lentils, stock cube and water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes. Stir through rice.
- Add boiling water, ½ cup at a time, adding the next ½ cup after the liquid is absorbed.
- Fold through parmesan cheese. Spoon risotto into capsicums. Combine Weet-Bix, extra cheese and oil. Sprinkle over risotto.
- Bake in a hot oven, 200°C for 25 minutes or until capsicums are soft and topping has browned. To serve replace lids on capsicum.
Saturated Fat (g)3
Dietary Fibre (g)7