Plum pudding truffles
You’ll want to enjoy these festive little bites all year-round!
- 2 Weet-Bix™, very finely crushed
- 1/2 cup raw almonds or walnuts (80g)
- 1/2 cup dried plums/prunes, pits removed (90g)
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, pits removed (90g)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 3 tsp cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 50g white chocolate
- red and green glace cherries, or other festive edible decorations
- Place nuts in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to a fine meal. Add dried plums, dates, ginger, cocoa, and orange juice and pulse to a rough puree. Add crushed Weet-Bix and stir to combine.
- Scoop tablespoon measures of the mixture onto a tray. Use clean hands to roll into 16 balls.
- Cut red glace cherries into quarters with a sharp knife. Cut green glace cherries into small pieces, to make ‘leaves’.
- Gently melt chocolate in microwave or a double boiler. Spoon a bit of chocolate over the top of a truffle, then top with one red cherry piece and two green leaves. Repeat with remaining truffles.
- Store truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- For smoother truffles, blitz Weet-Bix in the processor on its own, then set aside until needed and continue with Step 1.
- Dark chocolate can be substituted for white chocolate if you prefer. For a non-chocolate option, combine 50g cream cheese with 1 tsp maple syrup, spread a small amount over the top of each truffle before adding decorations.
Saturated Fat (g)0.9
Dietary Fibre (g)1.7