Pear & almond breakfast bake
Wholesome and hearty, the fragrant tray-bake is ideal for breakfast or morning tea. Along with having the perfect blend of pear and almonds, this dairy free breakfast bake gives you the added benefit of iron, protein and calcium for normal growth and development as part of a balanced diet. Made using our So Good Soy milk or Almond Milk, this is a great option for everyone.
- 2 pears, cored
- 7 Weet-Bix wheat biscuits, broken into pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk, or So Good Soy or Almond Milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Lightly oil a shallow 1.5 ltr baking dish.
- Dice one and a half of the pears and place in base of prepared baking dish. Toss Weet-Bix wheat biscuits pieces with pears and spread into an even layer.
- Whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon, and half the syrup in a large jug. Slowly pour egg mixture into the baking dish. Smooth surface with a large spoon to submerge ingredients.
- Slice remaining pear half and arrange over egg mixture. Toss almonds in remaining maple syrup and sprinkle over top of the sliced pear.
- Cover dish with foil and bake 60 mins. Remove foil and bake a further 5 -10 mins, until golden on top and firm in the centre. Cool on a rack at least 15 mins before cutting. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- For a nut-free bake, replace almonds with sunflower seeds and use a nut-free milk.
- Pears can be replaced with sliced apples, or summer stone fruit.
- Top with a dollop of yoghurt to serve, if you wish.
Saturated Fat (g)2
Dietary Fibre (g)4.2