Peanut butter Weet-Bix™ slice
If you love peanut butter as much as we do, this peanut-butter-packed slice is the perfect sweet indulgence.
- 5 Weet-Bix, crushed (85g)
- 1 cup white self-raising flour (140g)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut (35g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150 g margarine, melted
- 1 cup caster sugar (200g)
- 1/3 cup Sanitarium Natural Peanut Butter (90g)
- 1/4 cup Sanitarium Natural Peanut Butter (70g)
- 1/4 cup icing sugar (35g)
- 1 Tbs margarine, melted (20g)
- 1 Tbs boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line base and sides of a 20cm x 30cm slice tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together Weet-Bix, flour, coconut, and salt.
- Combine melted margarine, sugar, and peanut butter in a in a pan or heat-proof jug and mix until smooth. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir well.
- Immediately transfer base mixture into the prepared tin and smooth surface.
- Bake 15 minutes until golden – slice is soft when hot and will firm up as it cools. Cool in tin 20 mins, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- To make icing, combine peanut butter, icing sugar, margarine and hot water in a small bowl. Stir until thick and smooth – it may look split at first, but just keep stirring and it will come together. Spread icing over cooled slice. Cut into 18 pieces.
- Icing will set to the touch at room temperature. Store extra slice in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Both smooth and crunchy peanut butter will work in this recipe.
Saturated Fat (g)2
Dietary Fibre (g)1.6