Mushroom & lentil patties
Hearty and flavourful, these veggie patties will satisfy vegans, vegetarians, and flexitarians alike!
- 1/2 red onion
- 250 g button mushrooms
- 1 x 400g tin brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbs chia seeds
- 2 tsp reduced salt, gluten free tamari / soy sauce
- 1 Tbs no added salt tomato paste
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 4 Gluten Free Weet-Bix™, finely crushed
- Salt & pepper
- Lettuce leaves or buns, and toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 180°C, line an oven tray with baking paper and spray lightly with oil.
- Pulse onion and mushrooms in a food processor until finely chopped, tip into a large bowl.
- Add lentils to the processor, pulse to a rough paste, and transfer to bowl with mushrooms.
- Add chia seeds, tamari, tomato paste, olive oil, herbs and paprika to the mushrooms and lentils. Mix well. Add crushed Weet-Bix, and stir to incorporate. Season to taste with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Divide mixture into 8 portions and shape into burger patties. Place patties on the prepared pan, spray tops with a bit of oil, and bake for 30 - 35 minutes, flipping once after 20 mins, until golden on top and firm in the middle.
- Serve patties on a salad, a lettuce leaf, or a gluten free bun, with burger toppings of your choice.
- No food processor? Mushrooms can be chopped very finely with a knife and lentils can be mashed with a fork.
- Burgers can also be baked in advance, and then re-heated in a lightly oiled skillet over medium heat.
Saturated Fat (g)0.5
Dietary Fibre (g)4.5