Green Pea Fritters
Fritters make for a perfect veggie-packed meal, any time of day .
- 3 Weet-Bix™, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1/2 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley or mint, finely sliced
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp crumbled feta
- 2 tsp olive oil, to cook
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato chutney, passata, or tomato sauce
- Use a fork to roughly crush peas in a mixing bowl. Add Weet-Bix, flour, onion, parsley, eggs, water, and feta. Stir well and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Let rest 5 mins to thicken.
- Place a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Drizzle in a bit of the oil, and scoop a scant 1/4 cup of batter into the pan.
- Cook fritters for 3 - 4 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through. Repeat remaining oil and batter to make 9 fritters. Serve warm or at room temperature, with tomato dipping sauce.
- Use a tablespoon to make mini, bite-sized, fritters
Saturated Fat (g)3
Dietary Fibre (g)6.9