Chocolate raspberry Weet-Bix™ slice
We’ve bumped this Weet-Bix™ classic up a notch – with a bigger chocolate flavour and a burst of tangy raspberries!
- 5 Weet-Bix™, crushed (85g)
- 1 1/4 cups white self-raising flour (175g)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (25g)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut (35g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (110g), divided
- 200 g margarine, melted
- 1 cup caster sugar (200g)
- 2 Tbs icing sugar (20g)
- 1 Tbs cocoa powder (8g)
- 2 tsp boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line base and sides of a 20cm x 30cm slice tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together Weet-Bix™, flour, cocoa powder, coconut, salt, and half the raspberries.
- Combine melted margarine and sugar in a pan or heat-proof jug. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
- Immediately spread mixture into the prepared tin, scatter over remaining raspberries and gently press berries into the surface of the slice.
- Bake 18 - 20 minutes – slice is soft when hot and will firm up as it cools. Cool in tin 20 mins, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- To make icing, combine icing sugar, extra cocoa powder and hot water in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Drizzle icing over cooled slice. Cut into 18 pieces.
- Icing will set to the touch at room temperature. Store extra slice in a sealed container in the fridge.
Saturated Fat (g)2
Dietary Fibre (g)1.8