Lightly spiced, veg-loaded fritters are perfect for any time of day. Is there anything cauliflower, or for that matter Weet-Bix™, can’t do?! These flavourful fritters are high in plant-protein, low in saturated fat and a great source of wholegrains and fibre
- 1 cup cauliflower, grated
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs chopped parsley
- 2 tsp water
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 Weet-Bix™ Cholesterol Lowering wheat biscuits, finely crushed
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup green salad
- 2 tbs unsalted mixed nuts
- 1 Tbs tomato chutney or tzatziki, for dipping
- Combine cauliflower, onion, parsley, water, egg, spices, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl, and mix well. Stir through crushed Weet-Bix.
- Place a non-stick skillet over medium heat and drizzle in oil.
- Scoop 1/3 cup portions of the batter onto the pan and flatten slightly. Cook 3 - 4 minutes on each side until golden cooked through. Serve warm or at room temperature, with a fresh mixed nut and green salad and sauce for dipping.
- If you don’t have elevated cholesterol swap Weet-Bix™ Cholesterol Lowering with Weet-Bix™.
Saturated Fat (g)4
Dietary Fibre (g)9.2
Plant Sterols (g)2