Carrot Cake Mini-Loaf
Healthy and delicious, this carrot cake mini loaf is perfect for big and little hands alike! This recipe transforms your typical indulgent carrot cake into wholesome mini loaves making them great for dessert, lunches, picnics and other fun adventures. Made using many wholesome dairy free ingredients including So Good Regular Soy or Almond Milk, this recipe is filled with goodness and is especially tasty.
- 4 Weet-Bix, crushed
- 1 can crushed unsweetened pineapple, including juice (432g tin)
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup milk, or So Good Soy or Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup light flavoured olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sultana (optional)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Lightly oil an 8-hole mini-loaf tin.
- To a large bowl add crushed Weet-Bix, pineapple and pineapple juice. Stir well to moisten, then add grated carrot, cinnamon, salt, sugar, eggs, milk, and oil—stir again.
- Add flour, baking powder, sultanas, and walnuts to the bowl and fold through, making sure not to over-mix.
- Divide batter into prepared tin and bake for 35 minutes, or until tops are golden and a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes with just a few crumbs clinging to it. Cool in tin for 5 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a rack.
Saturated Fat (g)2
Dietary Fibre (g)4.9