Bunny tail pancakes
These pancakes are fluffy and delicious any time of year, but they’re delightfully adorable when made into bunnies for Easter!
- 4 Weet-Bix™, finely crushed
- 1 1/4 cup wholemeal flour, or whole spelt flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, or blueberries
- 2 cups So Good Unsweetened Almond Milk or Soy Lite Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup, or brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Thick yoghurt or whipped topping, for a tail
- Strawberry and/or banana slices, for foot pads
- Chocolate chips or raisins, for toe pads
- Place Weet-Bix, flour, baking powder, and chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- In a separate jug, whisk together So Good milk, eggs, syrup, and oil.
- Add wet ingredient to dry and whisk well. Batter will be quite thin initially, set aside for 5 mins to thicken.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat. Scoop batter onto hot pan, and cook pancakes 3 mins each side until golden.
- Bunny-tail pancakes: use a generous 1/4 cup of batter for the body, and a dessert spoon for the feet. Full bunnies: scant 1/4 cup for the head, and a dessert spoon for the ears.
- Recipe makes 8 bunny tail pancakes with bodies and feet, or 5 – 6 bunnies with body, head, feet, and ears. Recipe can be easily halved or doubled.
- Blitz Weet-Bix in a blender or processor, instead of crushing by hand, for an extra smooth batter.
Saturated Fat (g)2
Dietary Fibre (g)3.5