Broccoli & chickpea slice
Boost your daily veggie intake with this delicious and nutritious make-ahead slice.
- 4 Weet-Bix™ Cholesterol Lowering, finely crushed, divided
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup So Good™ Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 cups broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 cup tinned no added salt chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbs sundried tomatoes, chopped
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 cups Green salad
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line base and two sides of a 20 cm square tin with a strip of baking paper. Put aside 1 tablespoon crushed Weet-Bix for topping.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, So Good almond milk, and a pinch of pepper. Add broccoli, chickpeas, and sundried tomato, and stir to combine. Add Weet-Bix and stir well.
- Immediately transfer mixture to the prepared tin and sprinkle with reserved crushed Weet-Bix. Bake 25 - 30 minutes, until puffed in the centre and golden on the edges.
- Cool in pan 10 mins. Turn out onto a board and cut into four squares (2 squares = 1 serve). Serve warm or at room temperature, with a fresh green salad and lemon wedges.
Tips:Store the second serving in a container in the refrigerator, ready for a quick breakfast or lunch the next day!
Saturated Fat (g)2
Dietary Fibre (g)13.7
Plant sterols (g)2