Banana blueberry breakfast slice
This naturally sweetened tray bake is bursting with tangy berries and the goodness of whole grains .
- 4 Weet-Bix™, roughly crushed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup pepitas, or sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana (approx. 2 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened So Good™ milk
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160° fan forced). Lightly coat a square baking dish with cooking oil spray.
- In a large bowl, combine Weet-Bix, oats, nuts, seeds, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well. Add half the blueberries and stir to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, mashed banana, So Good milk, and oil, until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and stir to fully incorporate. Transfer to prepared dish and smooth surface. Sprinkle over remaining blueberries.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes, until the centre is firm and the edges golden. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes before serving – or cool completely and serve at room temperature. Store extra in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- For a snack-sized slice, cut into 12 pieces instead of 6.
- A 22 or 23 cm pan will yield a slightly larger and thinner slice, and will need a bit less cooking time, than a 20 cm pan, however the recipe is quite forgiving so both pans can be used.
Saturated Fat (g)2
Dietary Fibre (g)5.4