Apricot custard slice
This layered Apricot custard slice is a tasty treat, perfect for a yummy lunch box snack or a delicious afternoon tea.
- 2 cups Weet-Bix, crushed
- 2 tbs margarine
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup So Good Lite soy milk
- 1/3 cup low-fat vanilla custard
- 800g can apricot halves in natural juices, drained
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C. Line a 20cm x 30cm lamington tin with baking paper. Place crushed Weet-Bix on the baking paper to make base.
- Place margarine and sugar in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well.
- Blend flour and baking powder together, then gently fold flour mix and So Good into margarine mixture.
- Spoon half onto Weet-Bix base then top with custard and then remaining cake mix.
- Gently push apricot halves, round side up, into cake mix. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked.
Saturated Fat (g)1