Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials has a unique & tailored blend of ingredients including prebiotics, high fibre, 3 whole grains, 9 essential vitamins & minerals, and is low in sugar.View more information at weetbixlittlekidsessentials.com
Health Star Rating
The Health Star Rating (HSR) of a product is based on a calculation that considers the amount of energy, saturated fat, sugars, protein and fibre present in a food, along with the fruit, vegetable, nuts and legume content.
Click here for more information about the Health Star Rating program
- Prebiotics. Nourish your child’s good bacteria*
- High fibre, Naturally. 25% of kids daily needs*
- 3 wholegrains: Wheat + Rye + Sorghum
- 97% wholegrain. Natural diverse goodness
- 9 Essential vitamins and minerals. Enriched to support healthy kids
- Calcium. Strong bones teeth and muscles. Enjoy as part of a healthy diet
- Vit B1, Mg, Iron. Sharp brain & cognition function. Enjoy as part of a healthy diet
- Vit B2, B3, B6. Active energy to grown, learn, play. Enjoy as part of a healthy diet
- Folate, Zinc. Promote strong natural immune defences. Enjoy as part of a healthy diet
- Fibres. Thrive. Digestive & tummy regularity. Enjoy as part of a healthy diet
- Low sugar
- High in iron
- No added salt
- No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
Serving Per Pack: 12Per servePer 100g
Saturated Fat (g)0.10.4
Trans Fat (g)00
Polyunsaturated Fat (g)0.20.5
Monounsaturated Fat (g)0.10.2
Dietary Fibre (g)4.112.4
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) (mg)0.28 (25% RDI)*0.85
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) (mg)0.43 (25% RDI)*1.30
Niacin (Vitamin B3) (mg)2.5 (25% RDI)*7.6
Vitamin B60.4 (25% RDI)*1.2
Folate59 (30% RDI)*178
Calcium (mg)121 (15% RDI)*366
Iron (mg)3.0 (25% RDI)*9.1
Magnesium (mg)45 (14% RDI)*136
Zinc1.8 (15% RDI)*5.5
- * Percentage of Recommended Dietary Intake (RDI)
Contains cereals containing gluten.
May contain: soy and lupin.
What are the benefits of Weet-Bix Little Kids Essentials?
Weet-Bix Little Kids Essentials is 97% wholegrains, has no added salt, is low in sugar, with no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
- STRONG - Calcium for strong bones, teeth and muscles
- SHARP - Vitamin B1, magnesium and iron for brain and cognition function
- PROMOTE - Folate and zinc for strong natural immune defences
- ACTIVE - Vitamin B2, B3 and B6 for energy to grow learn and play
- THRIVE - Fibres for digestive and tummy regularity
As part of a healthy diet.
Is Weet-Bix Little Kids Essentials only for little kids and what makes it specific to them?
Weet-Bix Little Kids Essentials has been specifically tailored for kids aged 1-5 years. Weet-Bix Little Kids Essentials provides essential nutrition that supports reaching healthy growth and development milestones. It contains 9 essential vitamins and minerals and is also 25% of 1-3 year's adequate fibre intake.
Additionally, the product is low in sugar, has no added salt, low fat and is 97% wholegrains (wheat + rye + sorghum). Therefore, while it has been designed for little kids, it is suitable for most ages.
I bought the Weet-Bix Kids product for myself/kids older than 5 for the no added salt and low sugar content. Is the new Weet-Bix Little Kids Essentials still the same?
Yes, the new Weet-Bix Little Kids Essentials still has no added salt, is low in sugar and suitable for older children and adults also.
What are the allergens?
Contains cereals containing gluten. May contain lupin.
Where is it made?
It's Australian made in our factory in Brisbane from 98% Australian ingredients.
Who is it recommended by?
In an independently administered survey conducted in 2020 amongst 145 Australia and New Zealand qualified Kids Dietitians (regularly work with kids up to 18 years), 94% would definitely or likely recommend this product as a healthy breakfast cereal option for healthy kids aged 1-5 years.
At what age can babies start eating Weet-Bix Kids?
Weet-Bix Little Kids Essentials is designed to deliver tailored, essential nutrition for little kids 1-5 years. While it is not an infant cereal, it is rich in iron and can be prepared to an appropriate texture suitable for infants. Parents of infants may choose to feed to their child Weet-Bix Little Kids Essentials guided by their child’s and their own readiness and if unsure about infant feeding parents should consult their GP or an Accredited Practising Dietitian.
Why is Weet-Bix Little Kids Essentials more expensive than Weet-Bix Kids?
The average price of Weet-Bix Kids was 375g for $3.20 (27c per serve) whilst Weet-Bix Little Kids Essentials is a bigger pack size of 400g and has additional ingredients at $3.99 (33c per serve), only a difference of 6c per serve.
Why does Weet-Bix Little Kids Essentials not have any stickers in the pack?
When surveyed, our regular buyers of Weet-Bix Kids told us the health benefits of the product were the most important reason for purchase. Therefore, we removed the stickers to maintain costs and focus on the additional nutrition and health benefits.